Write for us
- Do you have experience writing for blogs, landing pages or help guides?
- Do you love to write in-depth blog posts?
- Do you have some familiarity with project management?
...then we have an offer for you!
We're looking for a content research/writer who'd like to write for us. Even if you are not super experienced, but just starting out and looking for broaden your audience and portfolio, we are interesting in talking with you!
We want to build long-term relationships with authors who care about their subject matter and their work.
Who shouldn't apply
This may not be the opportunity for you if:
- You don't have any experience writing content
- You have never written a blog post about anything related to project management, company culture, or software.
- You won't be able to pitch us ideas for interesting articles
- You expect collaboration with subject matter experts to create content.
What is ScrumGenius?
ScrumGenius is the solution to automating routine communication at work. Managers can spend less time asking what team members are working on or searching through the task tracker. ScrumGenius helps teams have more efficient meetings and improve transparency at work. Our solution is available in all major business chat platforms such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Cisco Webex Teams. We help teams facilitate common status reporting such as Daily Standups, Weekly retrospectives, and sprint planning meetings.
What are we looking for?
We would like to establish a collaborative relationship with authors who love researching topics and explaining it in a clear way, that is easy to digest for the reader.
We want to work with these authors to create several series of articles. A series will contain 3-5 stand-alone articles of 500-1000 words each.
For example, a series named "Managing a remote team" might contain the following articles:
- The rise of remote work
- Feeling connected as a remote team
- Accountability in remote teams
- Why Async Communication in remote teams
- The future of remote work
If you have expertise in a topic and would like to pitch a series, wonderful! If you don't have a topic in mind, we can work with you to find something that works for you.
Articles will initially be published on our blog. They may eventually be published in ebooks, in print or on third-party platforms.
Our audience is mostly project managers, scrum masters, and anyone leading a team or in charge of people.
Skill level ranges from beginner to advanced. However, one of our missions is to raise people up and help them meet the content. So even with advanced topics we spend time explaining enough of the basics to help people understand.
We follow a pretty simple process for most of our articles.
- You tell us what you'd like to write about, or we suggest ideas from our Content Ideas list
- We work together to figure out the actual article topic
- You do a first draft
- We give you high-level suggestions to improve it (usually within a week or so)
- You do a second draft
- We submit edits for your approval (usually within a week or two)
- When you're happy with the final article, we put a preview on our site for review to check for any layout or flow issues.
- We publish
You will be able to see where your articles are in the process by using our project management tool. We strive for transparency
Contact us through the form on this page.
How to apply
Check out our blog to see the kinds of technical content we post.
Then, please send us your interest through the form on this page and we will be in touch.